The objects of the Trust are to:
1) Eliminate avoidable vision impairment and blindness in New Zealand (NZ)
2) Develop a Population Eye Health capability in NZ
3) Enable collaboration between all parties with interests in the elimination of avoidable blindness in NZ
4) Promote the delivery of eye health services I order to achieve the first object
5) Facilitate the development of Eye Health Policy in NZ
6) Do all things that are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the objects detailed above.
Note: The main sectors, activities and beneficiaries are bolded.
Acts as an umbrella / resource body
Sponsors / undertakes research, Provides advice / information / advocacy
Education / training / research, Fund-raising, People with disabilities
People with disabilities
Older people, General public
The Trust is governed by the appointed volunteer trustees who represent different parts of the eye health sector.
Annual Returns are due within 6 months of a charity’s balance date (financial year-end), or a longer period if an extension has been granted.
Here is a list of all the details changed by the charity, for example adding or removing officers, amending rules, changing balance dates or updating address details.