1. To promote the literacy learning of the lowest achievers of primary schools in New Zealand.
2. To provide for the continuing development of trained Reading Recovery personnel in New Zealand.
3. To assist and promote international professional exchanges of persons who are involved in Reading Recovery programmes for primary school children and who are also either visiting New Zealand or visiting other countries from New Zealand for the purpose of exchanging or comparing experiences or learning about new developments.
4. To promote or encourage research and study or practice of the teaching of reading.
5. Such other charitable purposes in New Zealand relating to education of children as shall from time to time be determined by Trustees.
Note: The main sectors, activities and beneficiaries are bolded.
Sponsors / undertakes research
Makes grants / loans to individuals, Makes grants to organisations (including schools or other charities), Sponsors/Research
Education / training / research
Other (please state)
(Educationalists), Children / young people, Voluntary bodies other than charities
Annual Returns are due within 6 months of a charity’s balance date (financial year-end), or a longer period if an extension has been granted.
Here is a list of all the details changed by the charity, for example adding or removing officers, amending rules, changing balance dates or updating address details.